Increasing college access and affordability are hallmarks of UChicago’s No Barriers program, an exciting new initiative that eliminates obstacles when applying to college, supports students in receiving an empowering education, ensures students will leave college without the burden of student debt, and offers robust, personalized support that gives every UChicago student, regardless of background, opportunities to discover their passions and leverage their world-class education.
UChicago No Barriers offers:
- No UChicago college application fee for families who apply for financial aid.
- Need-based financial aid is awarded as grants, not loans, which do not need to be repaid. Students will graduate without debt influencing their future plans.
- A streamlined process to apply for need-based aid. Your students and their families will only need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) and a brief institutional worksheet, submitted for free online, to apply for need-based aid.
- More information about applying to highly selective colleges (not just about UChicago!) through free seminars and workshops for families across the country. If you would like to discuss UChicago hosting a session at your school, please contact your regional admissions counselor.
- Fully Funded Academic and Co-curricular Opportunities include summer and school year involvement – from internships and research positions to study abroad and career exploration treks – for students of all majors and interests.
- Lifelong career support that starts with students’ own career advisor, continues through four years of professional development programs, and offers real experiences through over 1,000 funded internships annually.
UChicago is deeply committed to ensuring that students from every background, regardless of financial need, will find a home on campus. No Barriers allows UChicago students to graduate debt-free and prepared for lifelong success – no matter their chosen major or background prior to enrolling. We will work with your students and their families to create a comprehensive aid package that fits their unique circumstances and ensures that a UChicago education is within their reach.
We are here to help if you have any questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact College Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (773) 702-8650. The Office of College Aid can be reached at email@example.com or by calling (773) 702-8666.