The McDermott award includes:
· Coverage of UT Dallas tuition, fees and book expenses.
· $1,200 monthly stipends to cover on-campus housing and living expenses.
· Cultural experiences and access to tickets for the Dallas Opera and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
· Study abroad funding of up to $12,000 per scholar.
· Post-college preparation support of up to $3,000 per scholar for academic conferences, graduate school interview travel, MCAT, LSAT, etc.
· Cohort travel — destinations have included: Santa Fe, N.M.; Austin, Texas; and Washington, D.C.
The total value of the award in benefits and tuition and fees is more than $200,000 (out-of-state) or $140,000 (in-state) over the four-year term of the award.
· Nov. 5, 2013 — Early deadline, which ensures notification concerning semifinalist status by Nov. 12.
· Jan. 5, 2014 — Regular deadline, which ensures notification concerning finalist status by Jan. 28.
Apply Here: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantLogin.asp?id=utd-msp