The Gator Bowl Sports Award of Excellence Scholarship consists of a one-time gift of $5,000 to one male and one female student-athlete for use at any accredited University or Community College.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS-To be eligible to receive a Gator Bowl Sports Award of Excellence, the applicant must:
- Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school inFlorida’s First Coast area.
- Participate in a junior varsity or varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, etc.)
- Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school and the community
- Pledge to remain drug-free, alcohol-free and tobacco-free
- Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
- Attach Guidance Counselor reference letter
- Presentation of application packet – neatness and organization
- Scholastic record
- Athletic commitment – participation in varsity, intramural or youth league sport(s)
- Career goals of applicant
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Leadership qualities
- Good citizenship
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION-The Gator Bowl Sports Award of Excellence Scholarship recipients will be selected by December 15, 2014. The scholarship will be presented at the TaxSlayer Bowl Coaches Luncheon on December 31, 2014 – recipients will receive (4) tickets to the Lucheon as well as (4) tickets to the 2015 TaxSlayer Bowl and will be recognized on-field during a quarter break.
For additional information, please contact Thomas McAfee at (904) 798-5994.