The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is in need of top-notch students to complete their stellar team of ZooTeens. You must be between the ages of 14 and 17, responsible and mature, outgoing and personable, motivated and self-starting and not afraid of getting dirty. If interested, drop by the Guidance Office for detailed information!
The Engineering Encounters Bridge Design Contest (formerly the West Point Bridge Design Contest) is a competition intended to promote math, science and technology education in middle schools and high schools. The students will design a virtual truss bridge with the lowest cost using the designer software. The contest provides students with a realistic introduction to engineering through an engaging, hands-on design experience. Participation is free and students may compete individually or in teams of two.
How It Works
Winners of the local competition at UNF will get a chance to compete at the state competition.
Local Competition Codes:
Middle School: JFMC Scoreboard: http://judge.bridgecontest.org/standings/local/JFMC.htm
High School: JFBC Scoreboard: http://judge.bridgecontest.org/standings/local/JFBC.htm
For more information, please contact: Shane Wittier, PE firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk MS 2014 Saturday, April 5th, 2014
Address: 314 A. Philip Randolph Blvd. , Jacksonville, Florida
Registration Check-in begins at 8am
Route Length: 5K (3.1 miles)
Volunteer Contact Email: email@example.com
Event Contact Phone: 904-332-6810
Connect. Walk MS. Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. It is an experience unlike any other - a day to come together, to celebrate the progress we've made and to show the power of our connections.
Deadline is April 10, 2014
Click here for the application.
Come hear experienced professionals talk about the High Potential Careers of the future.
-Highest paid jobs/majors
-Valuable life experiences
-Related subjects in high school
-Many other key points
Date: March 15th Saturday
Time: 3-6 pm
Where: UNF Building 9, Room 1421
Please be sure to check out information about the AP review sessions being offered at Paxon. Session dates and times are posted in the hallway by the eleva
To commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Allied Invasion to liberate Europe from Nazi rule, the National WWII Museum is sponsoring an essay contest for high school students.
• Contest is open to all high school students in the United States.
• The essay must be 1,000 words or less. Only one essay per student may be submitted.
• The Museum will accept the first 500 properly formatted entries only!
• The national WWII Museum website will indicate when they are approaching 500 submitted essays.
• The flier attached contains important essay requirements that includes the questions that must be responded to in the essay.
Essays must be submitted through www.nationalww2museum.org/essaycontests by March 28, 2014, 5:00 pm CST.
• First Place - $1,000
• Second Place - $750
• Third Place - $500
• Winning essays will be posted on the National WWII Museum website, along with honorable mentions.
The due date for entries is March 28, 2014.
Subscribe to the Blog
- Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
- Info for Current and Rising SENIORS
- Bright Futures
- College & Career Planning
- College Visits
- Community Service
- Course Catalog and Registration
- Graduation Requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- Letters of Recommendation
- Mental Health Awareness
- NCAA Initial-Eligibility
- Parent Information
- PSAT, SAT, ACT
- Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Learning Lab, Study/Test Taking Skills
- Transcript Requests
- Additional Resources
- LLA Sign-In