If your parents:
- Are permanently separated or divorced
- Communicate openly and positively
- Join together to continue showing you love
- Work together in your best interest
- Must be attending senior year of high school
- Plans to attend post-high school education
- Lives in a household separated by a divorce
- Other criteria as listed below
Deadline for Application is May 1st, 2014
Scholarship Requirements: You must write a 2000 minimum word essay describing how your parents continue to work together despite being part of a separated household. Your essay must describe in detail how your parents overcame obstacles and remained excellent role models.
Selection of Winner: The winning essay shall be selected by a committee of child custody attorneys. The winning essay shall have individual names removed and then will be published online in a special section of our website showing examples of excellent parenting skills. The scholarship award will be paid directly to each winner, preferably at their high school awards event.
More Information: If you would like more information about the scholarship program call (800) 469-3486 or email (scholarship at myfloridalaw dot com)
The Winning Essays Will Show
- How your parents still communicated after the divorce
- How both parents took steps to work together in a co-parenting role
- How both parents showed a united front to ensure you grew up in a loving household
- Application Form
- 2000 Word Essay
- Write a personal letter to us stating your interest – there is no required format for your letter.
703 W. Bay Street
Tampa, FL 33606